Sunday, May 27, 2012

Wedgewood: Queen Elizabeth Jubilee











I attended the 'Yard Sale for A Cure' yesterday and didn't find anything. I went early in the morning and rambled through the mass of sleepy 'Garage Salers' with no luck. Later in the afternoon I decided to have a second helping and in the bottom of a tattered liquor box; way at the dark bottom, I saw a glint of deep Wedgewood blue.  A tiny saucer fit for a desk or vanity; perfect to hold my rings. A sweet Queen Elizabeth II Silver Jubilee trinket. She is now celebrating her 60th so I am so so so happy to have found this! Bought it for 50 cents. PFXO

The Diamond Jubilee takes place in 2012, marking 60 years of The Queen’s reign. The Queen came to the throne on 6th February 1952 (her Coronation took place on 2nd June 1953).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...