Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bub. You Can't Be All Things To All People



But I really wanted to be. I wanted to connect and inspire all demographics, but heck, it seems so radical and greedy to think this way.  I am 53 going on 54. I have 4 grown children. (Well 3 with families of their own. One is still partly in the nest - of his Father's) I have 5 grandchildren. A few of them tell me that 'Bubby' isn't so cool any more. Actually, they haven't really told me this, but I know without spoken sentences full of reasons why because now they call me 'Bub'. Just 'Bub'.  

I am a woman sandwiched and child-like or at the very least teenage-like or late twenty or early thirty-something-like in my thinking.  I love that baby ants are called blueberries and that I get to dance crazy dance while I watch Disney classics.  I worry about my parent's health and how many more years I'll experience the splendour of magnolia trees blooming in Spring. I think about my next adventure. I don't want to be too far away and yet I feel like I could truly live in that shack on the beach in Belize.

I want to do too much and see too much and get a bunch of creative work finished. Did I tell you that I got some great news today?  I got a real pro Book Editor for my novella and now I can kick that book's ass and get it completed. Feeling great about that.

It just occurred to me that I have used the word 'want' far too many greedy times in this post. I want to change that. Right after I see if the grasshoppers kill all the bugs.





Patti Friday, Photojourno, reporting from inside 'The Art Dept.' at the international 'Embassy of Ideas'.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...