Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Kelly Oxford: Everything is Perfect When You're A Liar







As a child of German heritage you can imagine the squeals of drooling excitement from my parents and their boozy friends when a schnitzel laden restaurant opened up in our neighborhood. By God! We can walk home after we consume those platters of meat and complimentary shots of liqueur. Is it any wonder that I would belly laugh out loud while reading a chapter about her time working as a dishwasher in a similar  type dining establishment?  Oh ya. I snorted. The owner was identical to the restaurateur I remember. 

I am partially through Kelly Oxford's new book and I am loving it so much. Disclosure: I am not lying.

Buy it here.  



Patti Friday, Photojourno, reporting from inside 'The Art Dept.' at the international 'Embassy of Ideas'.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...