Wednesday, August 20, 2014

R.I.P. Paige (All Dogs Go To Heaven)



The house doesn't feel right.
There is an odd quietness.
Oh how I miss her.
Paige is my dog.
Well, really...
She was and always will be my Son Blair's dog
We got her as a puppy 
when Blair's siblings decided
to leave the nest
She became part of our family.





We have so many great memories of Paige
She was the kind of
that the neighborhood kids would call on
to go outside and play with them
Paige would hang out with them
watch them build snow forts

We will miss that doorbell after dinner
and the children asking in unison
'Can Paige come out to play?'

Did I mention that Paige was always smiling?



I was with her today when she left for heaven
(All dogs go to heaven right?)
and it's kinda a funny thing;
things you remember
and will never forget

she wagged her tail
and on the radio was Sam Smith sweetly singing

"Oh, won't you stay with me, cause you're all I need"

As Paige lowered her head into the palms of my hands
I heard church bells and dogs barking
(listen to the beginning of the song)

You know, my heart cracked open.
I thanked her and told her she could go.

I cried hard and a lot today.
I was a big weeper.
I loved her so.

She was a dog loved by many.
She's been featured here on the blog too since 2007




She was a lady and a gentle soul 
for certain



We love you
We miss you
Thank you for being the greatest dog for our family.

XO

.....stay with me...have a listen.

Patti Friday, Photojourno, reporting from inside 'The Art Dept.' at the international 'Embassy of Ideas'. Reading. Listening. Learning. Improving. Hanging out with successful people. Photographer. Pirate. Bubby. CANADA @pattifriday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad Patti :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...