Friday, November 28, 2014

100 Year Old Shortbread Cookie Recipe



I did not get the knitting gene.  I got the baking gene.  So lucky to have been taught by my Nanny Nicholls to make delicious baked goods.  Some of you have been asking me to share this recipe with you. I baked 3 dozen today for my Mother (the one who is a master knitter) and about an hour ago she said to me, 'If you happen to wake up in the middle of the night please feel free to bake some more.' 

Enjoy!

Ungreased pan. 325 degrees until slightly golden on edges.
The more you mix this, the shorter and better the cookies will be.

Olmstead Nicholls Shortbread (100+ year old recipe)

1/2 lb. soft butter
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup corn starch
2 cups flour

Roll out. Cut in shape of choice.

Dunk Dunk Repeat. xo





Patti Friday, Photojourno, reporting from inside 'The Art Dept.' at the international 'Embassy of Ideas'. Reading. Listening. Learning. Improving. Hanging out with successful people. Photographer. Pirate. Bubby. CANADA @pattifriday
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...