Friday, December 26, 2014

The Warming of 2015 A 5 Step Plan



It begins in mid December.
Every year.
I start to reflect on the past year
and plan the coming year

But! 
This year with a freak of nature around me
No snow!

I've made a large board
For the last 2 weeks 
I've written columns of 'ideas'
writing them in teacher printing with black sharpie
onto recipe cards
sticking them with duct tape onto the board

Then after starring at this 'life' planning board
I edit it.
Peeling off or re-sticking the cards.
The ones I want
The ones I don't want

As always I've learned things about
myself, life and my creative career in 2014
and who I want to align myself with

I did make some mistakes (again)
I say yes to people, plans and things
that deep down I really don't want to do
but for whatever reason I feel the (guilt) urge to agree
then, ultimately I let them and myself down
because clearly it is not something
that is moving me closer to the vision of my life
it moves me further away
or consumes my valuable time

and about time
damn
it moves quick 
and life is short
after all

some business ventures were just plain dumb.
when your gut tells you that some people
only truly care about their own success
you have to believe it

when someone shows you who they are
you have to believe them (the first time)
(Thank you Maya)

The truth is 
one must 

REMEMBER WHO THEY WANTED TO BE

and then go for it with all their might

So this is what I will continue to do

I think 2015 is going to be incredible!


A few decisions you may want to know about:

1. 
I am only selling originals now.
(Abstracts/Gouache/Ink/Drawings)

If you want to purchase any prints/apparel/home goods
now is the time to do so
Here is the link
After Dec 31st you may buy my originals
It's a worthy investment my friend!

EXCEPTION: Embassy of Ideas branded items will be still be available

NOTE:  I am now accepting commissions!
and
I am always open to discussing 
design collaborations with wonderful brands


2. 
My photography will be sorted in a few categories
(Painted/Unpainted)

a) Only 10 of each will be painstakingly printed
Sold only in Limited Edition of 5
(with 5 Artist Proofs for myself to keep as a personal archive)

b) My photo shoots will strictly be for my
fine art endeavours

c) Private and select shoots may be booked
You can view my fees here.

d) My stock photographs continue to be available
from
as always


3. 
Couture Textile Art
This is a new category for me this year.
All original items for sale.
Stay tuned! Yay!

4. 
Collector's Dinner
At the end of 2015 
I will be hosting an
Appreciation
Collector's Dinner
(for Collector's ONLY wink wink nudge nudge)
Want to join us?

5.  
My Books
Five is still my favorite number
and the name of my humble
book publishing imprint
I have some books to complete and publish 
You will be the first to know!

*****

So there you have it!
My 5 Step Plan for 2015

What plans do you have?

PFXO










Patti Friday, Photojourno, reporting from inside 'The Art Dept.' at the international 'Embassy of Ideas'. Reading. Listening. Learning. Improving. Hanging out with successful people. Photographer. Pirate. Bubby. CANADA @pattifriday

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...