Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Gestural Nudes by Gretchen Kelly











Gretchen Kelly is top on my curated list of "MUST Collect" art. As a Tastemaker for Great.ly, Gretchen is always in my collections.  I can't get enough of Gretchen Kelly Art.  Her sketches; figurative and landscape are so dreamy and sought after. You may BUY here. 


Artist Statement:

I work in a variety of mediums and styles. Primarily, I paint figurative, landscape and flowers. My fashion and home decor background influence my work at times. I am inspired by the beauty of what is natural in my world and embellish it with my own personal touches of color, pattern and ornament. My work has spontaneity and whimsy. I try to capture the gestures and nuances of fleeting moments which are the details that bring life and beauty as I see it in my subject. Simplicity is the mark that I strive for.  - Gretchen Kelly




"I love to paint with watercolors. 
I am inspired by the beauty all around me 
in Mother Nature's landscape and the female form. 
Simplicity is what I strive for as I make order out of chaos when I paint."





Patti Friday, reporting from inside 'The Art Dept.' at the international 'Embassy of Ideas'
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...